Tplink Router Setup
TP-Link is widely known for their routers and other networking hardware and accessories. Their routers are known for providing some of the best user experience and are very reliable. There are numerous advanced features provided which add to a great user experience. The user can customize, control, monitor and even repair their network themselves with the help of the advanced features. The user can access these advanced features after logging in to the TP-Link router. The login process is very simple and only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can login to the router by going to the web domain www.tplinkwifi.net and entering the default information regarding the router when prompted.
How to configure Tp-link N router as an Access point?
Access Point is basically that point or the device in which signal transmits and through which Wi-Fi signals delivers to the router, giving us the efficiency to get our things done in an absolute manner. This point basically acts as the modem device which catches or delivers the wifi signals. Without these devices, your system can’t be able to get supplied with signals and which leaves your router of no use. The configuration of this process is also done through www.tplinkwifi.net
Modems are basically those devices which are used an Access point, in which signals are being transmitted and from which signal are being delivered to the router. These devices give the efficiency to the router to operate the internet through these devices. To make Tp-link N router as an access point, an individual would have to bring another router which is going to act as an actual router.
Tp-link N routers also have the ability to act as an Access point. These routers will be connected to these routers via LAN port. The WAN port will not be used for this type of configuration. Here are the steps to use your Tp link N router as an Access point.
- Connect the Tp-Link N router with the other Tp-link router using the Ethernet Cable.
- Once, you are successfully connected to the Tp-link N router, interact with the web interface of the Tp-link routers
- Type www.tplinkwifi.net on the address bar of the browser to get to the Tp-link router login page.
- Locate Network tab within the left side of the interface, Go to Network tab then go to LAN and change the IP address of your Tp-Link N router into the same segment of the main router. The IP address will be outside the DHCP range of the main router.
Note: Restart process of your router will be required, once you have changed the IP address of your LAN. You again have to log into the Tp-Link N router with your new IP address.
- Go to Wireless tab, then Wireless settings and then configure the network name which from your main router and at last Select save button.
- Then, configure the wireless security of your Tp-link router. Set WPA2 as the wireless security option which is considered as the most secure option for your router.
- Click on the save button.
- Go to DHCP then DHCP settings and disable its Server. Select Save.
- Now, select System Tools then click on the Restart button to restart the device.
- After the reboot of the device, your Tp-link N router is going to act as the Access point.
How to configure the Tp-link router as the Dynamic Internet connection?
Steps to configure the Tp-link router as the Dynamic IP address
- Type www.tplinkwifi.net on the web browser to interact with the web setup page.
- Once you get to the TP-link router login page.
- Go to the Quick setup then choose your region and time zone and then press the Next button.
- Choose the connection type as the “Dynamic IP” address.
- Click on MAC address to type the address in your router. Then next.
- Customize your wireless password for your Tp-link routers.
- Click on save button to save the settings.
- Then, power cycle your modem as well as the router to successfully reboot your devices.
These steps will substantially configure your router as the Dynamic Internet connection as which automatically will change the IP address of your router spontaneously.
What can be the various circumstances in which your wireless network can be unstable in your Tp-link router?
There are various circumstances in which the wireless network in your Tp-Link router can be unstable. Here are some of the solutions which might resolve the unstableness in your wireless network
- Bring your wireless device close to the router. The distance can also be the problem of the unstableness of the network within your server. The more distance of the system will be from the router, the more weak signals will there be in your router.
- Fix your router away from the obstacles. Be careful, while placing the router as there might be presence of some metallic objects, concrete walls; insulated walls and other translucent objects which might be the reason of weakened signals within your Tp-link routers.
- Adding too many devices within your network can also slow down your network speed. The more gadgets will share your network, the less bandwidth will be provided to each device. Just disconnect some devices and you will witness the better performance within your network. You can test it by adding a single device at a time to check the performance level of your network till you do not witness any variation in the bandwidth of the router.
- Move your router away from other networks. Your router might also be the victim of the interference of other wireless devices. The presence of the wireless device within the range of the network might also be the issue of unstableness in your network. Try to fix your router away from other networking devices which might save your device from becoming the target of interference within the signals. Bluetooth devices, phones, the neighbor wireless network might be the devices which are causing degradation in the performance of your device.
- Router's position can also be the factor in the poor performance of the router. Optimize the position of your router, try your best to position the antennas of your router near the window. Place the antennas of your Tp-link router at 45 degrees to get the effective speed. Do not place your router at the bottom of any object; it might be the cause of poor performance in the speed of your router.
- Change the broadcasting channel, MTU size of the networking settings of your Tp-link router through the web interface of your Tp-link routers. Anyone can access the web interface of the tp link router through www.tplinkwifi.net. Most users use this key source to reach down to the Tp-link router login page, as the IP address of the router is hard to remember.
How to setup the TP-Link routers?
The initial setup process is very easy. The user just has to get some prerequisites required for the setup process. They are:
- Enough Ethernet cables for the necessary connections required. It is recommended that the initial setup is done using a wired connection.
- A working desktop computer or a laptop.
- A working internet connection.
Here are the troubleshooting steps to setup the TP-Link router
- Connect the modem to the WAN port of the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, connect the desktop computer or laptop to any of the four internet ports of the router. Double check the connections made.
- Using the same device, open the www.tplinkwifi.net in any internet browser of your choice and press enter.
- Enter the default information regarding the router. Now, you will have successfully logged in to the router and the router will have been all setup.
The www.tplinkwifi.net page says you aren’t connected to the TP-Link network.
If this case persists, the user can try a few alternate methods to login to the TP-Link router. The user can try clearing out the cache of the internet browser and try refreshing the login page. Alternatively, the user can try changing the internet browser and repeat the login process once again. Also, the user can try to login to their router using the default IP address for their router. The default IP address for most of the TP-Link routers is 192.168.0.1, but the default IP address may vary due to the type of internet connection that you possess.
How to login to the TP-Link router:
- Open any internet browser on a device that is hard wired to the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly.
- Type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar and press enter. The login page for the TP-Link router will display.
- Here, the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
- After successfully logging in to the router, the Quick Setup page will display.
Now, the user will have successfully logged in to the router using www.tplinkwifi.net web domain.
Why is there a need to login to the TP-Link router?
The login process is crucial as the user can only configure and secure their network after logging in to the router. The user can change the username and password for the router. It is recommended that the user changes the username and password after once logging in to the router so that nobody can login to their network without their permission. After the user has logged in to the router the user can configure, control, monitor, customize and even repair the network themselves. Moreover, the user can create alternate networks using the Guest Network feature, block inappropriate content or restrict access to certain websites on their network, limit the access of internet on any particular device as well, prioritize the bandwidth of internet on a particular device or devices as well.
When can I reset my TP-Link router?
The user can choose to reset the router if the user looses or forgets the login information of the router. Also, if there are any smaller complications then the user can choose to reset or power cycle the router.
Here are the steps to reset the TP-Link router -
- Locate the reset button at the back or bottom of the router. It might be different for different router models.
- Using a paper clip or something similar, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- Release the button after ten seconds. Wait for the router to finish rebooting. Once the router has finished rebooting, the user can start using the router.
Why is there a need for firmware update?
The firmware of the router also needs updating. TP-Link releases firmware updates regularly. The firmware update makes sure that the router is able to stay compatible with the latest technology or the latest media devices. The new firmware also makes sure that the security on the router is kept updated so that the sensitive information of the user isn’t vulnerable to any potential threats. All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as their private information, their emails and passwords, their banking information when they buy something online and more. The new firmware also fixes any bugs or previously faced issues with the router. The new firmware might also add some new features to the router or provide enhanced speed boosts.
Here are the steps to update the firmware of TP-Link router
- Download the latest firmware for your TP Link router from the TP Link support website. Make sure the model number of your router is correct.
- Save the downloaded file to your desired location on your computer.
- Now, open up an internet browser and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. Press enter.
- You will be asked to type in the default username and password. The default username and password is “admin” for both cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once you have logged in, the Quick Setup guide will display. Click System Tools.
- You will see the Firmware option on the left side. Click Browse.
- Locate the previously downloaded file from your computer and click OK. Click the Upgrade button to start the firmware upgrade process. It will take only a couple of minutes for the router to upgrade the firmware. After the firmware upgrade has finished, the router will reboot itself. Wait for the router to finish rebooting itself. Do not unplug the router or interrupt the reboot process.
Warning: It is advised not to unplug the router or interrupt the update process anyhow as it can damage or corrupt the router’s firmware and might even render the router useless.
Once the router has finished updating, the user can start using their router as they please.
How can you secure your TP-Link network?
The user can secure the network by changing the username and password for the router. Initially, the router comes preconfigured with a set of default username and password. The default information is available online to help anyone who wishes to gain access to their router for the first time. To prevent anyone from accessing your network without your permission, the username and password must be changed.
Make sure that you do not enter any sensitive information within the username as the username is still visible to other devices within the coverage area of the router.
Also, make sure that the password is hard for other people to guess.
Here are the steps to change the username and password for the TP-Link routers
- Open any internet browser from the same device that is connected to the router. Type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar and press enter.
- The login page will display where the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router. The default username and password is “admin” for most of the routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once the user has successfully logged in, the Quick Setup will display. Click Next to get started.
- In the Quick Setup page, click the Wireless Network Name option. Here, the user can enter the new username for their network.
- Under that, the user will see the Wireless Security tab. Here, a field will be provided where the user can enter the new passphrase for their network.
Make sure that you do not share your password with just anybody except the people you wish to share it with.
- Click Save to save the changes made. Click Finish.
The username and password will have changed now. The user will have to login to their network using the new information in all the devices.