The TP Link router admin page is used by the user to configure their router and additional settings. The router can be configured and the network customized through the admin page of the TP Link router. The user can choose to personalize their network that is most suitable to their needs. The advanced features of the router can be accessed using the admin page of the router. This way, the user can set up Guest Networks, Parental Controls, Media Prioritization, change the default username and password of their network, update the firmware of the router and a lot more. The admin page is the web based interface where the user can log in and secure their network against any potential threats. Some of the advanced features of the router are:
- Guest Network – This feature allows the user to create multiple guest networks so that the user can share their internet with any guests visiting without having to share their main network and all its shared contents.
- Parental Controls – This feature allows the user to restrict certain websites or block any inappropriate content from their network. This feature also allows the user to limit the access of internet on any particular device.
- Media Prioritization – This feature allows the user to allow more bandwidth that usual to any specific device. For example, if the user is using a cellular phone for intense online gaming and requires more bandwidth for uninterrupted usage. This way, the user will not face any delay and enjoy a lag free experience.
- Network Speed Test – This feature allows the user to check for the speed that they are getting on their network. This feature allows the user to ensure they are getting the promised speed on their router.
Here are the steps to access the admin page of TP Link router:
- Connect the desktop computer to any of the LAN ports of the router using the Ethernet cable. It is recommended that the initial setup is done with the help of a desktop computer. Make sure the connections are made properly.
- Now, connect the modem to the WLAN port of the router using another Ethernet cable. Make sure the connections are made properly.
- Switch off the modem, router and the desktop computer and switch them on. Wait for all the devices to finish booting up.
- Open up an internet browser of your choice and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar and press enter. A login page will display.
- When the login page has displayed, it will prompt you to type in the default information for your router. The default username and password are “admin” for both cases. If the user cannot access the Quick Setup via the default password, then there is a chance that the user might have changed the password. Try logging in with any other passwords. If that fails too, then the router needs to be reset in order to restore it back to its factory default settings.
- After you have logged in, the Quick Setup will display. Click Next to start personalizing your network as you desire.