TP-Link, as we know, is one of the leading brands in the production of the wireless networking devices like modems, routers, switch access points, Ethernet cords, and power supply adapters etc. All these devices mentioned above are undoubtedly the efficient devices. But in order to reap the most out of a device, it needs to be configured so that they can be used for the tasks that they are built for.
TP-Link router setup through tplinkwifi.net
TP-Link is much concerned with the convenient access of their routers in order to configure them within no time. The TP-Link wireless router’s Admin dashboard can be accessed by logging in the web address www.tplinkwifi.net or through the default IP address of the router which is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
Methods to get your router connected to the computer
Earlier in this post, we have discussed the web addresses and other ways through which the TP-Link router’s admin dashboard can be accessed. Now, here in this section, let us depict the methods of getting your router connected to the system which is quite an important part of configuring your routers and modems.
Some of the ways are listed below.
- WPS mode of connection (Wireless)
- Ethernet cable connection (Wired)
- Connection over the Wi-Fi (Wireless)
WPS is the Wi-Fi protected setup that is much fast and secure way of getting your router connected to the computer system. Below is the detailed guide about establishing a secure wireless connection between the router and the computer (desktop or laptop) through the WPS button.
- There is a WPS button given on the back side of the Tp-Link wireless router.
- Switch on the power supply of the router and wait for the lights on the indicator panel to turn stable or solid green/yellow.
- Now, open the internet and networking section of your PC and you will see the available list of wireless networks.
- Now, press the WPS button of the router and within a fraction of second, your router will get connected to the computer system.
Consider these points while the TP-Link router setup (WPS mode)
- The WPS mode of connection works only with the wireless networks whose security is of WPA/WPSK or WPA2 type.
- WPS method of connection cannot be used if the wireless router supports the outdated security features in it.
- The user needs to press the WPS button in the stipulated time or else the connection will be denied and the whole process needs to be done again.
Ethernet cable connection (RJ45/LAN)
One another reliable way of establishing a secure and stable connection between the two devices i.e. router and computer is through the Ethernet cables.
- Connect the modem to the internet port (WAN) of the router and then connect the computer system to one of the several LAN ports of the router.
- After setting up this interconnection between the router, modem and the computer, switch on the power supply of the router and modem.
- Wait for few seconds till the router/modem gets stable and then your computer will be having a strong and reliable connection with the networking devices.
Router and computer connection over the Wi-Fi (www.tplinkwifi.net)
- Now comes the most widely used method of setting up the connection between the router and the computer device.
- Switch on the power supply of the router/modem and wait till the router lights get stable.
- Now, open the Wi-Fi section of your PC and you will see the list of available wireless networks.
- Select the current TP-Link wireless network with which you want to connect your computer system.
- As we know that it is for the first time that you will be using your TP-Link router, therefore it will be an open network without any security key.